Monday, September 1

Parade & Ice skating

We spent Labor Day weekend in Sun Valley. It was the 50th Anniversary of Wagon Days!!! Keegan meet us in Sun Valley from Boise. My camera battery went dead during the parade, which was a bummer because the Budwiser Clydesdale's team was in the parade. Sunday there was another showing of the Clydesdale team. We missed it because we stayed in Belevue to watch the parade there. Logan, Chancey, Abbie & Clyde got tons of candy at this parade. We then discovered that we had missed the Clydesdale showing. Later we discovered the Clydedale team was staying just down the road from us, because we followed their trucks. We got to see them unload a couple of the horses from the road, they were apparently staying at someone's ranch!
We then headed to Sun Valley so the kids could go Ice Skating and we could check out the car auction! When we got back to camp Clyde loaded up all the kids and they headed to see if they could see the Clydesdale horses. Clyde pulled down into the ranch and they quickly found out they couldn't see the horses. I read in the paper that the horse have 24 hour security! But the kids have a great memory - Thanks Uncle Clyde!

Kory, Chancey & Cloey waiting for the parade!

These pictures are us following the Clydesdales semi's



This is one of the horse's we got to see them unload, we were watching from the road!

Below are the elk, I forgot this part of the story! When Clyde took the kids to see the horses, even though they had no luck seeing the horses, they did find some elk!





ICE SKATING IN SUN VALLEY!

Keegan, Abbie Jo & Chancey


Clyde, Abbie Jo & Chancey - Thanks Uncle Clyde for skating w/ the kids!


Logan & Cloey - Logan didn't want to take a chance w/ his wrist on the ice!

Chancey & Cloey on the ice!

3 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Looks like such a fun weekend. This is the first Labor Day weekend in a long time that we didn't go camping. We love the wagon days parade and are bummed we missed it. Love the pics, totally cracks me up to see dad out there skating with the kids. That is why we LOVE him!

Jessica said...

I left my message on the post below. I swear yesterday when I got on here I couldn't comment on this post! Anyway....

Kaylie wants to see more pictures of that cute WEENIE Dog! She has loved that dog ever since Chancey brought it down to my parents house. Who told her why it is called a Weenie Dog? She cracks us up every time she tells someone.

Cederberg Family said...

I couldn't leave a comment the other day either!!!! I love this post! What a fun weekend! And I can totally imagine my dad trying to sneak in somewhere he couldn't'! TOO fun!!